Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fun with Flowers

Camera: Canon SX 200IS
Location: Morikami Japanese Gardens, Delray Beach; my apt.
Dates: April 21 and May 14, 2011

Whenever I am around flowers, I sniff then snap (a photo that is). These first shots are of a bouquet that a close friend gave to me in celebration of my successful dissertation defense. The rest of the batch were taken at the Morikami Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, which I visited with my family (who had flown in for my graduation). The last shot was taken during a walk around my neighborhood.

unfurled



a pretty umbrella



triplets



a temporary visitor



flame fingers



flour or sugar?



pretty in pink



camera shy



some local color


2 comments:

ess bee said...

Beautiful! I love the pink posy-type flowers, that is such a vibrant and lush! It's extremely difficult for me to not to take obscene amounts of flowers and kittens. Needless to say my photo album is a bit repetitive.

Me-Ami said...

My favorite is the close-up of the white flower. Lovely. BTW, you still up for going to the gardens again?